Surge Speaker List
- John Allspaw VP of Technical Operations, Etsy Keynote
- Theo Schlossnagle Principal/CEO, OmniTI Keynote
- Bryan Cantrill VP of Engineering, Joyent Keynote
- Robert Treat Lead Database Architect, OmniTI Speaker
- Artur Bergman VP of Engineering and Operations, Wikia Speaker
- Gavin M. Roy CTO, MyYearbook Speaker
- Ruslan Belkin Sr. Director of Engineering, LinkedIn Speaker
- Rasmus Lerdorf Founder of PHP; Developer, WePay Speaker
- Christopher Brown VP of Engineering, Opscode Speaker
- Paul Querna Chief Architect, Cloudkick Speaker
- Neil Gunther Founder/Principal Consultant, Performance Dynamics Speaker
- Tom Cook Systems Engineer, Facebook Speaker
- Baron Schwartz VP of Consulting, Percona Speaker
- Mike Malone Infrastructure Engineer, SimpleGeo Speaker
- Cosimo Streppone Lead Developer, my.opera.com Speaker
- Tom Daly President/CTO, Dyn Inc. Speaker
- Justin Sheehy CTO, Basho Technologies Speaker
- Ronald Bradford Principal, 42SQL Speaker
- Rod Cope CTO and Founder, OpenLogic Speaker
- Joe Williams Infrastructure Engineer, Cloudant Speaker
- Benjamin Black Founder, fast_ip Speaker
- Geir Magnusson Jr VP, Platform and Architecture, Gilt Groupe Speaker
Surge 2010 Keynote & Speaker List
Discussing Scalability Matters…
…because scalability matters. Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Gavin M. Roy Chief Technology Officer, MyYearbook
Gavin has been involved with the PostgreSQL community as a user, contributor and evangelist for over 10 years. As the CTO of myYearbook.com, he has been directly involved in the various methodologies used to scale PostgreSQL, meeting the demands of the rapid & large scale growth that the site has experienced. Gavin is the author of Golconde, a queue based data distribution system for PostgreSQL.
Scaling myYearbook.com - Lessons Learned From Rapid Growth
Day 2 - 10:00 am
myYearbook.com is one of the top 25 most trafficked websites in the United States, experiencing large scale growth over a very short period of time. Employing technologies such as PHP, PostgreSQL, memcached as well as newer cutting edge technologies, myYearbook.com has been able to achieve operational stability in the face of large volumes of traffic. In this talk Gavin will review the growing pains and methodologies used to handle the consistent growth and demand while affording the rapid development cycles required by the product development team.
Speakers will be added as we approach the event dates. Visit back for updates to this page and the Sessions Calendar.