Surge Speaker List
- John Allspaw VP of Technical Operations, Etsy Keynote
- Theo Schlossnagle Principal/CEO, OmniTI Keynote
- Bryan Cantrill VP of Engineering, Joyent Keynote
- Robert Treat Lead Database Architect, OmniTI Speaker
- Artur Bergman VP of Engineering and Operations, Wikia Speaker
- Gavin M. Roy CTO, MyYearbook Speaker
- Ruslan Belkin Sr. Director of Engineering, LinkedIn Speaker
- Rasmus Lerdorf Founder of PHP; Developer, WePay Speaker
- Christopher Brown VP of Engineering, Opscode Speaker
- Paul Querna Chief Architect, Cloudkick Speaker
- Neil Gunther Founder/Principal Consultant, Performance Dynamics Speaker
- Tom Cook Systems Engineer, Facebook Speaker
- Baron Schwartz VP of Consulting, Percona Speaker
- Mike Malone Infrastructure Engineer, SimpleGeo Speaker
- Cosimo Streppone Lead Developer, my.opera.com Speaker
- Tom Daly President/CTO, Dyn Inc. Speaker
- Justin Sheehy CTO, Basho Technologies Speaker
- Ronald Bradford Principal, 42SQL Speaker
- Rod Cope CTO and Founder, OpenLogic Speaker
- Joe Williams Infrastructure Engineer, Cloudant Speaker
- Benjamin Black Founder, fast_ip Speaker
- Geir Magnusson Jr VP, Platform and Architecture, Gilt Groupe Speaker
Surge 2010 Keynote & Speaker List
Discussing Scalability Matters…
…because scalability matters. Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Ruslan Belkin Sr. Director of Engineering, LinkedIn
Ruslan Belkin is Sr. Director of Engineering responsible for Content and Community (CNC) engineering teams at LinkedIn - including Groups, communication platforms, network update streams and news feeds. Ruslan started at LinkedIn as a principal architect for LinkedIn communication platform and over the years was responsible for many high-traffic systems at LinkedIn - including member and company profiles, the address book and contacts management, groups, InBox, network update streams and news feeds as well as components of LinkedIn core infrastructure. Prior to LinkedIn Ruslan held lead engineering roles at Netscape, AOL, Sun Microsystems and Siebel. Ruslan presented at major professional conferences - including JavaOne, SDWest, Velocity and QCon.
Going 0 to 60: Scaling LinkedIn
Day 1 - 1:30 pm
Scaling LinkedIn to be the largest professional network in the world. Have you ever wondered what architectures the site like LinkedIn may have used and what insights teams have learned while growing the system from serving just a handful to close to a hundred million of users? Ruslan will share his experiences after facing many complex challenges through the years of hyper growth and will answer questions about LinkedIn architecture and the way LinkedIn engineers approach building innovative products of the future with scale.
Speakers will be added as we approach the event dates. Visit back for updates to this page and the Sessions Calendar.